1. As per the orders of the Hon’ble Supreme Court, Ragging is a Grievous offence. Any one indulging in ragging will be severely punished. The punishment may take the form of expulsion from the University, suspension from the classes for a limited period or fine with a public apology. The punishment may take the shape of
• Reporting to the police and lodging an FIR.
• Withholding scholarships or other benefits.
• Debarring from representation in events.
• Withholding results.
• Suspension or expulsion from the hostel or mess, and the like.
If the individuals committing or abetting ragging are not/cannot be identified, collective punishment may be awarded to act as a deterrent.
2. All cases of ragging will be referred to Anti Ragging committee of University.
3. The following will be termed as the act of ragging:
Any disorderly conduct whether by words spoken or written or by any act, which has effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness any other student(s), indulging in rowdy or indiscipline activities which may cause or are likely to cause annoyance, hardship or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in fresher or junior student(s) or asking the student(s) to do any act or perform something, which such students(s) will not do in the ordinary course and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or Psyche of a fresher or a junior student.
All students enrolled in the University are bound by the directions of UGC and other regulatory bodies in respect of prevention of ragging in educational institution campuses.