|1||Doctor of Philosophy in Computer Science and Engineering|
|2||Doctor of Philosophy in Computer Science|
|3||Doctor of Philosophy in Computer Application|
|4||Doctor of Philosophy in Information Technology|
|5||Doctor of Philosophy in Electronics & Communication|
|6||Doctor of Philosophy in Mechanical Engineering|
|7||Doctor of Philosophy in Civil Engineering|
|8||Doctor of Philosophy in Chemistry|
|9||Doctor of Philosophy in Physics|
|10||Doctor of Philosophy in Management|
|11||Doctor of Philosophy in Law|
|12||Doctor of Philosophy in Mass Communication|
|13||Doctor of Philosophy in Education|
|14||Doctor of Philosophy in Mathematics|
|15||Doctor of Philosophy in Commerce|
|16||Doctor of Philosophy in History|
|17||Doctor of Philosophy in Sociology|
|18||Doctor of Philosophy in Social Work|
|19||Doctor of Philosophy in Economics|
|20||Doctor of Philosophy in Political Science|
|21||Doctor of Philosophy in Public Administration|
|22||Doctor of Philosophy in Hindi|
|23||Doctor of Philosophy in English|
- The Eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed)
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/differently-abled and other categories of candidates as per the decisions of the Commission from time to time.
- A person whose M.Phil. dissertation has been evaluated and the viva voce is pending may be admitted to the Ph.D. programme for the same Institution.
- Candidate possessing a Degree considered equivalent to M.Phil. Degree of an Indian Institution, from a Foreign Educational Institution accredited by an assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognised or authorised by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards or educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to Ph.D. Programme.
Duration of the Programme
- Ph.D. programme shall be for a minimum duration of three years, including course work and a maximum of six years.
- Extension beyond the above limits will be governed by the relevant clauses as stipulated in the statute/Ordinance of the individual Institution concerned.
- The woman candidates and Persons with disability (more than 40% disability) may be allowed a relaxation of two year for Ph.D.
- In addition, the women candidates may be provided Maternity Leave/Child care once in the entire duration of Ph.D. for up to 240 days.