Committee for Prevention of Sexual Harassment
In pursuance of the directions issued by the Hon’ble Supreme Court The Arunodaya University has constituted a complaint committee with regard to sexual harassment of women at workplaces (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013.
Definition Sexual Harassment:
Sexual harassment can be defined as ‘unwelcome’ sexually determined behaviour (whether directly or by implication) as:
- Physical Contact and Advances
- Demand or request for sexual favours
- Sexually coloured remarks;
- Showing pornography; and
- Other unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct of a sexual nature.
The following is also covered within the definition of sexual harassment:
- Unsavoury remarks,
- Jokes causing or likely to cause awkwardness or embarrassment,
- Innuendos and taunts,
- Gender based insults or sexist remarks,
- Unwelcome sexual overtone in any manner such as over telephone (obnoxious telephone calls) and the like,
- Touching or brushing against any part of the body and the like,
- Displaying pornographic or other offensive or derogatory pictures, cartoons, pamphlets or sayings,
- Forcible physical touch or molestation.
The Objectives of the Committee are:
- To prevent discrimination and sexual harassment against women, by promoting gender amity among students and employees ;
- To lay down procedures for the prohibition, resolution, settlement and prosecution of acts of discrimination and sexual harassment against women, by the students and the employees;
- To deal with cases of discrimination and sexual harassment against women, in a time bound manner, aiming at ensuring support services to the victimized and termination of the harassment;
- To recommend appropriate punitive action against the guilty party to the Chairperson.
Procedure for Approaching Committee:
The Committee deals with issues relating to sexual harassment at Arunodaya University. It is applicable to all students, staff and faculty. A complaint of discrimination or sexual harassment may be lodged by the victim or a third party. A written complaint may be addressed to the Chair of the Committee. If the complaint is made to any Head of Institute, they may forward it to the Convener of the Committee Against Sexual Harassment.
Committee for Prevention of Sexual Harassment:
| Dr. V N Sharma
|Sr. Member||Phone: (O) 0360-2257733Phone: (M) 9402853144|
| Mr. S R Verma
|Member||Phone: (O) 0360–2257711|
|Mrs. Kavita N Nishad||Member||Phone: (M) 09089439522|